ANTI 27 CLUB OVERDOSE RAPID RESPONSE WORKSHOP
The Anti 27 Club Overdose Rapid Response workshop is a 3-hour workshop for venue owners, staff, show promoters, and other music industry professionals to learn how to spot and respond to an overdose.
Wed, August 31, 2022
11:00 AM – 2:00 PM PDT
South Park Hall
1253 S Cloverdale St
Seattle, wa 98108
Every attendee will receive a free overdose response kit that includes Narcan and a Fentanyl test strips.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
• What is causing overdoses?
• How to identify a potential overdose.
• What to do in the case of an overdose.
• Techniques for preventing an overdose.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Anyone who is at risk of experiencing or witnessing an overdose.
• Venue staff, including security & bartenders.
• Event promoters & event staff.
• Friends, family members, or service providers of people who use drugs like tour drivers and managers, merchandise coordinators, and media staff.
• People who attend concerts and events where drugs and alcohol are consumed.
CAN MULTIPLE STAFF MEMBERS ATTEND FROM THE SAME ORGANIZATION?
Yes! We encourage everyone who wants to attend to attend. We just ask that you just take one kit per organization.
WILL THIS TRAINING BE AVAILABLE VIA LIVESTREAM?
We are not live streaming this training. A recorded training may be available at a later date.
WHO IS TEACHING THIS WORKSHOP?
This workshop is being led by Nikki Barron of SMASH as well as Troy Seibert and Felicia Salcedo of Public Health King County. This workshop is designed by the Overdose Prevention staff at Public Health King County. Special thanks to Mandy Sladky, Advanced Practice Nurse Specialist in Substance Use Disorder at Public Health King County, for leading the team who created this workshop.
GETTING TO SOUTH PARK HALL (ENTER ON CLOVERDALE)
The entrance to South Park Hall is off of Cloverdale. You will enter through a rod iron gate into a courtyard. The door to South Park Hall is up a flight of stairs with a sign above it. If you can not use the stairs, please reach out to Nikki@SMASHSeattle.org to make accommodations.
Complimentary beverages, including coffee, tea, and water, will be provided during this workshop. We will also provide a snack selection but will not provide full meal service.
TICKETS Selected during registration